A unique Neighborhood Energy Efficiency “Green Raising Party” in the Denver community of Aurora takes place this Saturday. Come see how an unhealthy home in the neighborhood became one of the healthiest, comfortable and energy efficient homes in the neighborhood!
This Open House Party is a great venue to learn about energy efficiency upgrades that homeowners need to think about, but don’t know where to start. Visitors can take an informal walk-through and see “before and after” pictures and resources available on site.
Learn how to:
• Make your home less expensive to operate
• Save money on your utility bills
• Access rebates available to you
• Raise your property resell value/green info on MLS with “home upgrades”
• Create more comfort – eliminate hot and cold rooms in your house
• Determine which measures will give you the most bang for your buck
• Make your home healthier
• Create noise control between rooms
• Weatherize windows, attic hatches, base boards and more…
• Utilize auditors and their tools, like infrared camera and blower door tests, to discover the weak areas where you home leaks (rebate available)
Where: Pheasant Run Community Between Smokey Hill, Chambers & Parker Road
Address: 14550 E. Tufts Avenue, Aurora, CO 80015
When: Saturday, September, 15, 10AM – 3 PM
Bring: Questions & concerns about energy efficiency in your home
RSVP by Wednesday September 12, 2012.
For Questions call Patricia Rothwell (homeowner) 303-319-5623
Resources at Party:
Energy Efficiency weatherization loss areas
Attics: Lose 40%
Basements: Lose 36%
HVAC/Ducts: Contribute to unhealthy air quality